I can't tell you how distraught I am about this. I browse a website like YouTube and see a video I like by one of my favorite videobloggers, riddled in his comments are hateful messages and cruel words, some of them like the following:
--
"Lulz you suck"
"FAIL"
"Your a dumb fag"
"you suck hater go to hell"
--
What bothers me more is that these same people critisizing the vlogger of racism or hate speech do it themselves, but often justify it by saying it's "funny". Well it's not "funny" It's hurtful. And I'm tired of people acting like just because it's online it's not any less mean. These are REAL people online, not robots. It's not like everybody is just like "Oh well, lol". Some people take it seriously and it just doesn't make any sense that this can happen so much with so much support guided in it's direction.

Why does anyone support hate speech and cruelty online?

0 comments: